Learn how to transfer your client list to a different QuickBooks Online Accountant profile.
Does your firm have more than one QuickBooks Online Accountant profile? Does each team member have individual profiles?
You can easily move all clients from one profile to another. You won't lose any data and can still access data in the old profile. This keeps all of your firm's clients in one place so your team stays organised.
Transfer your client list
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant as a primary admin.
- Select Settings ⚙ and then Transfer clients.
- Review the profile in the Transfer to section. This is the profile you want to move clients to. To choose a different one, select Change firm and then the profile. Then select Next.
- In the Transfer from section, select the profile you want to move clients from. Then select Next.
- Select the checkboxes for the clients you want to move to. You can select everyone or specific clients, including wholesale clients.
Note: You can't move clients with wholesale billed payroll or Payroll Tax Online. These features are attached to your original accountant profile.
- When you're ready, select Move clients.
Tip: If you're combining all of your firm's client lists into one, don't forget to add your employees to the QuickBooks Online Accountant profile you plan to keep.