Find out what computer and browser you need for the best experience when using QuickBooks.
The requirements for your computer’s operating system, your internet speed, and your web and mobile browser vary depending on your system. For optimal QuickBooks Online performance, we recommended the following computer operating systems and internet speeds:
Recommended operating systems and internet speeds
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or comparable processor (2015 or newer) with at least 4 GB of RAM. Note: You need Adobe Reader 11.0 or higher to print forms.
- Mac: OS X "High Sierra" 10.13 or newer.
- Internet connection: 3 Mbps or higher.
Minimum operating systems and internet speeds
The specs above are recommended, but QuickBooks will run with the following minimum systems and internet speeds:
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i3 or a comparable processor (2013 or newer) with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: OS X El Capitan 10.11 or newer.
- Internet connection: 1.5 Mbps.
Supported web browsers
The following browsers are supported on both web and mobile devices:
In general, QuickBooks supports the current and two previous versions of browsers. We don't always support older versions.
Note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser.
Learn more about QuickBooks products and which is best for your business. For more information, visit QuickBooks homepage.