If you encounter an error when syncing timesheets from QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks Online, it usually means employee information is missing, or you may just need to re-open your QuickBooks Time page.
How to fix:
- Close your QuickBooks Time window.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as the primary admin.
- Go to Time (Take me there), and select Overview then select Launch QuickBooks Time.
- Try another export.
Fix closing date error
If you are trying to export time to QuickBooks online and get one of the errors below, it means your QuickBooks company file books are closed for the date range of time needing to be sent over.
"QuickBooks rejected a X hour timesheet, reason: An attempt was made to modify a Time Tracking with a date that is on or before the closing date of the company [...]"
"Error Code: 6200, detail: The account period has closed."
Here's how to fix this:
- Select Settings ⚙, then Accounts and settings.
- Select the Advanced tab, then in the Accounting section, change the closing date of your books and Save.
Fix feature error
If you're trying to export time to QuickBooks Online and get the error, "Feature Not Supported Error: We’re sorry. This feature is not included in your QuickBooks Online Essentials subscription" it's because class tracking isn't available in QuickBooks Online Essentials or Simple Start. Here's how to fix it:
- In QuickBooks Time, select the QuickBooks Sync Menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Make sure the box next to Class is unchecked.
- Run a sync again.
Fix permissions error
If you're running a sync in QuickBooks Time and get the error, "Insufficient Permissions" OR "Permission Denied", it's because the user running the sync doesn’t have the correct permissions within QuickBooks Online. Here's how to fix it:
- Sign in as the primary admin of QuickBooks Online.
- Run another sync.
Fix billable error
If you're exporting time to QuickBooks Online and get "Error exporting [x] hours,error code: 9332, QuickBooks detail: Unable to process billable time activity [...]", it means a setting is turned off in QuickBooks Online that should be on. This error will show regardless if the time is billed or not. Here's how to fix it:
- In QuickBooks Online, select Settings ⚙, then Accounts and settings.
- Select the Time, then Timesheet.
- Turn on Allow time to be billable, select Save, then Done.
Fix missing employees error
Employee names in QuickBooks Online must match exactly those in QuickBooks Time to export hours. If they don’t, your sync log will display a message that says: “Can't export [employee’s] time, because the user's account isn't found in your QuickBooks Employee List”. Here’s how to fix this:
- In QuickBooks Time, select the QuickBooks dropdown, then View Sync Log.
- Next to the error message, select Fix This.
Note: if you don’t see the error message, select a different sync report. Sync reports that contain error messages display in red.
- A list of your employees from QuickBooks Online displays. Search for and select the matching employee.
- If you can’t find the employee, you need to add them into QuickBooks Online and perform an import. Then, try to match the employee again.
- If you don’t want to export this employee’s time, you can select Exclude this user's time.
- Select Save. Repeat if there is more than one unmatched employee.
Fix authentication error
If you are trying to export hours from QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks Online and you see the following error message: "Internal error: 3200:message=Exception authenticating OAuth; errorCode=003200; statusCode=401", the authorisation token from Intuit has expired. Here’s how to fix this: