Once you have activated payroll, the first step is to add an employee.
How to set up an Employee
To set up an employee within QuickBooks Payroll:
- Select Employees from the left-hand menu, then select Add Employee
- Enter the Employee Personal Details, then select Next
- Enter Employment Details, i.e. start date, pay rate, etc., then select Next
- Enter Bank Details and Account Type for the Employee, then select Next
- Enter Tax File Declaration Information
- Select Done
Need more help with one of the sections of employee setup? select the topic below for more details.
Once you have completed the steps, your employee can now be included in pay runs.
To add more details about the employee e.g. additional pay rates or setting up deductions and adjustments, select Employees from the left-hand menu, and then select their name , which will bring you to the Employee Details section.