Have you completed a pay run? The next step is to finalise it. Finalising a pay run will lock the payroll data for that point in time. This will then make the payroll data available in reports and also allows pay slips for the pay run to be visible to employees from within the employee portal (if the 'publish pay slips' option has been selected).
Finalising a pay run
- Select Employees from the left hand menu
- Select the Pay Runs tab, then select the Pay Period you wish to finalise
- Select Finalise Pay Run
- Update the Date Paid if appropriate and select your Lodge Pay Run with ATO preference
- Select your Publish Pay Slips and Notifications preferences
- Select Finalise
- Lodge Pay Run with ATOis applicable to reports being lodged to the ATO for STP.
- Publishing pay slips will make them available for employees to view or download from the employee self-service portal or the WorkZone app (Note - the system will remember the options selected for pay slips. If you need to change these you can do so when finalising each pay run).
- Notifications: once the pay slips have been published you can send a notification to the employee advising them that their pay slips are available.
Once the pay run is finalised the pay run will be locked. Should you need to edit the pay run you can unlock it as long as you have NOT made automated super payments from the pay run. Click here to see how to unlock a pay run.
Note: Having trouble finding the Finalise Pay Run button? Try to 'zoom out’ your browser. You can do this by either:
- pressing "Ctrl + -" i.e. (Control and the minus key at the same time).
holding down the Ctrl button and using the wheel on your mouse to scroll down.