Learn how to take over billing for clients who currently pay for their own QuickBooks Online subscription, or transfer existing wholesale clients from another accounting firm.
If you have clients who pay for a QuickBooks Online subscription on their own, or clients who are still on their previous accounting firm’s wholesale discount plan, you can transfer them to your wholesale discount plan. In this article we’ll show you how.
Here's how client's can put you on wholesale discount:
- Make sure you have added your Accountant user, then go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and settings.
- Select the Billing & Subscription tab.
- Select the blue Allow billing transfer to your accountant? link.
Once this is done, you need to advise your accountant that they have a 48 hour window to put you on wholesale before the permission expires.
Once your client has provided you with permission to add them to your wholesale billing plan, follow these steps to transfer their existing QuickBooks Online subscription to your billing plan.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Subscriptions and billing.
- Under the Client-billed subscriptions tab, find the client you want to add and follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: Keep in mind if your client has QuickBooks Time Tracking attached to their QuickBooks Online subscription, you can't add them to your wholesale discount plan.