Learn how to get more details about Intuit charges to your credit card or bank account.
Don’t recognize an Intuit or QuickBooks charge on your credit card or bank statement? Here's how to check where it’s coming from and why.
Note: If you use online banking with QuickBooks, your bank charges you a service fee for allowing the connection. This is not an Intuit charge.
Go to your Billing and Subscription tab:
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to Settings ⚙️, then select Account and settings.
- Go to the Billing & Subscription tab. You’ll see all your active subscriptions.
If you use any of these products or services:
- QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, Accountant)
- QuickBooks Enterprise (Enterprise, Enterprise Accountant)
- Other services (Intuit Data Protect, QuickBooks Statement Writer, QuickBooks File Manager)
Get in touch with us. We’ll help you figure it out.
If you’re subscribed to any of these:
- QuickBooks Online (Plus, Essentials, EasyStart)
- QuickBooks Online Payroll (Standard, Advanced)
You can check charges in your Billing and Subscription tab.
If you use QuickBooks Payments to take payments with QuickBooks, you’re charged processing fees.