Learn about QuickBooks Time team members settings and permissions. Some permissions can be set company-wide from Company Settings, but the following can be found in individual team member permissions in Team Member Details in My Team.
- Only account administrators and managers can adjust permissions for a team member.
- When a team member is made a manager in QuickBooks Time, they can adjust permissions for their group or crew only.
To access Team Member Details, go to My Team, and select a team member.
- General: Name, access, kiosk PIN (4 numeric digits), time zone, pay information (visible for admins only), group assignment, and contact information.
- Permissions: User type and what a team member can see and manage. See below for more detailed information.
- Customers: Assign or unassign parent and child customers that a team member can clock in or out of.
- Custom Fields: Select the link under Items to assign specific items in each custom field
- If a team member is assigned a required custom field and is assigned 0 custom field items, they won’t be able to clock out or edit timesheets where that custom field displays.
- Time Off: Types of time off that a team member can submit.
- To set up unique time off accruals for a team member, select the link under Accruals, make the desired edits, and select Apply.
- Overtime: Settings that determine overtime calculations.
- Location: Requirement that GPS must be turned on for the team member to clock in.
- Notifications: Clock in/out reminders and notification method(s).
Default user types:
There are four default user types that determine permission levels. After selecting a user type, adjust individual permissions as necessary.
- Administrator: Admins have all permissions and access to Company Settings, Feature Add-ons, and integration syncing and set up if there’s an integration.
- Payroll Manager: View timesheet reports for all team members and approve timesheets for all team members are default permissions.
- Custom: All permissions are optional except Account Management.
- To View timesheet reports for all team members, Approve/reject timesheets for all team members must be checked.
- Worker: All permissions are optional other than the ones that are crossed off.
Detailed permission settings:
Mobile time entry: Authorizes users to clock in and out from any internet-enabled mobile device.
See "Who's Working" for entire company: Allows users to see the Who's Working window, which displays a list of team members that are clocked in.
Manage my timesheets: Allows users to sign in from anywhere and manage all aspects of their timesheets.
View timesheet reports for all team members: Allows users to view and download all reports except the approvals report.
- Approve/reject timesheets for all team members: Allows users to also view the approvals report and approve, unapprove and reject timesheets.
Manage timesheets for all team members: Allows users to view, edit or delete a timesheet.
Manage authorization: Allows users to authorize and unauthorize computers for clocking in and out.
Manage jobs (or customers) and custom fields for Company: Allows users to create, manage, or delete jobs (or customers) and custom fields.
View and Manage Schedules: Allows users to view and/or manage their own schedule, their group's schedule, or the entire company's schedule.