We’re here to help make auditing easier. You can export your QuickBooks Online data when requested by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for auditing purposes.
1. From the Gear icon, select Export Data from the Tools menu.
2. Select Get Started at the top of the page.
3. Input the range of dates required by CRA for audit purposes.
4. Click Export Data. The applicable data exports. This may take some time but you can continue working in your QuickBooks Online account while you wait.
5. Click Download when prompted. An XML format file downloads to your computer that can be provided to CRA.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is my exported data saved for in QBO?
QBO saves exported data for seven days. It will be automatically deleted if it is not downloaded within that time frame and will need to be exported again.
What if I need to perform another download of data?
If you need to perform another download of data, select Export Another File but be sure to save the first downloaded XML file with a unique file name before you start the next attempt. The Export Another File feature will overwrite the previous download if it is not saved with a unique file name.
What if I get an error saying my data is too large to export?
You have two options to fix an issue with data that is too large to export:
- break up the time frame into multiple downloads to decrease the size of each download
- contact our support team through the Help button in the top navigation bar. We may be able to perform the download for you.