Learn how to stay signed in to QuickBooks without entering your password every time.
If you use the same Windows user account, you don't have to sign in to QuickBooks with your user name and password every time.
You can only do this if:
- Your file isn't stored in a hosted environment that uses roaming profiles.
- Credit Card Protection is turned off for the Company File.
- Your file is a .QBW or .QBA.
- Multiple users don't use the same company file on the same computer.
If you use this option, other users can access the company file without a username and apssword. Use a screen timeout with a lock screen to make sure your computer is secure. For more details on how to protect your computer, go to security.intuit.com.
The Admin can delete all credentials at any time. From the Windows Control Panel, select Windows Vault. Credentials for QuickBooks start with prefix “Intuit_QBDT”.
Change your sign in settings
Sign in as the Admin user to make these changes. Choose how long users can stay signed in up to 90 days (default is 2 days).
Note: Once you turn on this option. if you go to File, then Close Company, it'll only close the Company File and won't sign off the user.
- Go to Edit and then select Preferences.
- Select General and then Company Preferences.
- In Mange login settings, select Keep user logged in for:
- Select 1, 2, 7, 30, 60 or 90 days and then select OK.