Learn how to get QuickBooks Payments so you can process customer payments in QuickBooks.
In addition to doing your accounting, you can process payments in most QuickBooks products with QuickBooks Payments. With QuickBooks Payments, you can accept credit card. QuickBooks automatically categorizes each processed payment on your chart of accounts for you.
Sign up through QuickBooks Online
Note: You must sign up through QuickBooks Online. Many customers will qualify for QuickBooks Payments.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Select Settings ⚙ and then select Account and Settings.
- Select Payments. In the QuickBooks Payment section, select Learn more.
- Select Set up Payments.
This opens a signup window with three sections:
- In the Business section, select Start. Fill out the form and tell us about your business. When you're done, select Next.
- In the Owner/Proprietor section, select Start. Fill out the form and then select Next.
- In the Payment deposit section, select Start. You have the option to get a QuickBooks Checking account OR select a different bank account for your customer payments to go into
- If you choose to get a QuickBooks Checking account, ensure the name on the debit card is correct.
- If you choose a different bank account, select Add and search for your bank. Enter the sign-in info you use for your bank. Then select Connect.
- When you're finished with all of the sections, select Get Set Up.
You'll get an email about your enrollment in a few business days. If you're approved, you can order things like a mobile card reader directly from the email.