Learn how to get QuickBooks Payments (Merchant Services) so you can process customer payments in QuickBooks.
In addition to doing your accounting, you can process payments in most QuickBooks products with QuickBooks Payments. With QuickBooks Payments, you can accept credit card payments, and QuickBooks will automatically categorize each processed payment on your chart of accounts for you.
We'll show you how to sign up for QuickBooks Payments from any QuickBooks product. This is an add-on feature. Learn more about QuickBooks Payments.
Sign up through QuickBooks Online
You must sign up for Payments through QuickBooks Online. Many customers will qualify for QuickBooks Payments.
The Payments signup window displays three sections:
- In the About your business section, edit the form and tell us about your business. When you're done, select Save and continue.
- In the About you section, edit the form and select Save and continue.
- In the Your deposit account section, select a different bank account for your customer payments. If you choose a different bank account, select Add and search for your bank. Enter the sign-in info you use for your bank, then select Connect.
- When you're finished with all of the sections, select Review and finish.
You'll get an email about your enrollment in a few business days. If approved, you can order things like a mobile card reader directly from the email.
Manual steps to sign up for QuickBooks Payments
- Select Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- Select Payments, then select Learn more in the QuickBooks Payments section.
- Select Set up Payments.
Note: Once you sign up for Payments, make sure to review the Merchant Services Agreements.