Learn how to create and edit your budgets with Spreadsheet Sync.
Securely send your budget info between QuickBooks Online Advanced and your spreadsheet for up-to-date company insights.
Step 1: Install and sign in to Spreadsheet Sync
Make sure you have installed Spreadsheet Sync on your system. Then, sign in to Spreadsheet Sync with your QuickBooks credentials. Remember, only Admin users can access Spreadsheet Sync.
Select the company file you want to create budgets for. You can switch the company at a later point too.
Step 2: Create your budget
You’ll see options to Run a report and Manage budgets.
- In the Spreadsheet Sync panel, select Manage budgets, then select Create new budget.
- Select the company for which you want to build a budget.
- Name your budget, then select the time period from the Select period dropdown ▼.
Note: The fiscal year is based on your company fiscal year. If you wish to change it, make changes in QuickBooks and restart Spreadsheet Sync.
- Ensure the Budget type and the Budget format are set, then select Set up budget.
QuickBooks populates the spreadsheet with a template based on your selection.
Step 3: Add Budget numbers in the template
Read the instructions on the Notes & Controls sheet to understand how to use the template.
- Move to the Consolidated budget sheet where the template displays.
- Use the template like any spreadsheet and fill in your budget numbers in the monthly columns.
- Once done, select Sync to QuickBooks to get the budget into QuickBooks.
Note: If you no longer see the sync button, select the QuickBooks Launch add-in on the spreadsheet ribbon.
You can continue to edit the numbers in the budget and sync and use QuickBooks.
Edit your budget
After you create your budget, you can make edits at any time.
- From the Spreadsheet Sync panel, sign in to your company and select Manage budgets.
- Select Edit existing budget.
- Select the company from the dropdown menu and select the budget you want to edit.
- Select Next.
- Make your changes, then select Sync to QuickBooks when you’re done.
The budget populates the spreadsheet. You can edit the budget numbers and sync it back to QuickBooks.