The Advanced account settings is where you or your accountant initially set up your company file.
|Note: Advanced account settings vary by region.|
Set up Advanced account settings
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- From the left menu, select Advanced.
- Select the Pencil ✎ icon for each section below to modify your settings.
Preferences for Advanced account settings
Choose preferences accordingly:
- Set up the fiscal year and set the closing date.
- Specify your accounting method.
Company Type: Select the type of tax form your company uses.
Chart of Account: Enable or disable use of account numbers.
Categories: Add "class" and "location" fields on your forms.
- Pre-fill forms.
- Automatically apply debits and credits.
Projects: Project features to see all sales, expenses, and timesheets by project.
Time tracking: Specify defaults for timesheets, such as adding fields and first day of work week to display.
Language: Specify if you wish to use the product in English or French.
Currency (Essentials and Plus Only): Select if you accept transactions in foreign currencies.
- Date and number format.
- Warnings about duplicate transaction numbers.
- Waiting time before you're automatically signed out of QuickBooks Online.
You now know how to set up your Advanced account settings.