Learn how to fix unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
You may receive an unrecoverable error while opening or working in your QuickBooks Desktop. The most common reasons why you get an unrecoverable error are:
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks updates
- Damage to your data
- Computer issues
- Program code needs repairing
Here’s a quick list of unrecoverable error scenarios and how to fix them.
- Unrecoverable error: General Troubleshooting Steps
- Unrecoverable error when opening a QuickBooks Desktop file on a workstation
- Resolve problems printing, emailing or saving as PDF out of QuickBooks Desktop
- Target Chaining or Unrecoverable Error when running Rebuild utility
- Unrecoverable error when performing a bank reconciliation or viewing previous reconciliation reports
- Fix data damage on your company file
- Unrecoverable error when importing Accountant's Changes
- Unrecoverable error when writing cheques with QuickBooks Online Bill Pay
- Important: QuickBooks Online Bill Pay has been discontinued as of 12/2/19. If you use this service and receive an unrecoverable error when you access write cheques, make sure to disconnect QuickBooks Online Bill Pay before continuing.