Before you create T4 and Relevé-1 slips or run your first payroll for the new year, make sure each employee's name, address, and Social Insurance Number is correct.
To review your employees' details
Here’s how to review your employees’ details:
- Go to Reports (Take me there).
- Select Employee Details.
- From the Employee dropdown menu, select All Employees to include any inactive or terminated employees paid in the prior year. (Note: You must give T4 slips to every employee you paid in the prior year, including employees who are no longer active. If you paid Québec employees, you must give them Relevé 1 slips in addition to a T4.
- Verify each employee's name, address, and SIN.
To update your employees' details
After reviewing your employees' details, here's how to make any updates:
- Go to Payroll and select Employees (Take me there).
- Select the name of the employee to update.
- Select the Edit next to Pay.
- To edit, select the pencil icon for 1) What are [Employee name] withholdings?
- Update the employee's information in the TD1 form.
- Select Done.