Note: Before performing the steps below, please see: Time Kiosk: How to Get Started
Step 1: Install kiosk feature in QuickBooks Time and get the device authorization code
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, then select Manage Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Kiosk, and select Install.
- Select Add Device, then Use this Computer and enter a device name.
Step 2: Set your device preferences as needed
- Under Kiosk Name, type a new name.
- Under Require Photo on Clock In/Out, select Yes or No to enable or disable photo capture.
- Under Device Language, select English (United States) or Spanish (United States).
- The language selected will be the default for that device. A team member can individually choose English or Spanish while they use the device, until the session times out.
- Under Record Location, select Yes or No to enable or disable location tracking for that kiosk device. Depending on the device, when you first launch the kiosk with this requirement, the app will ask to use your device’s location. If you accidentally disable location for the device, go into your device's location settings to reenable it.
- Under Team Member List, select Show or Hide. Selecting Hide conceals the team member list, but team members can still find their name by entering it in the search field.
- Next to Team Member Working Status select Show or Hide. This setting allows QuickBooks Time to display or hide a coloured dot next to the team members' profile pictures. Green = clocked in; Orange = on a break; No dot = off the clock.
- Select Save. (If you are ready to use the Kiosk right away, select Save & Launch Kiosk.)
- To choose which team members can use this kiosk, under Team Members, select all team members, and make your selections.
Step 3: Set team member PINs
A team member needs to be enabled before they show up on the Kiosk list. Upon first login, they will pick their name from the list displayed on the kiosk. They will be prompted to set a PIN.
If you want to set their PINs, in My Team, select their name to open their details. In the PIN box, enter a four-digit number, and select Save.
If a team member forgets their PIN:
If the team member has a phone # on file, they can choose “Text Me a Code”. This provides a temporary PIN and then walks them through setting up a new PIN.
Or, they can use the QuickBooks Time password option if they have been set up with a password and know it.
You may want to distribute this document to team members: How to Clock In and Out via Time Clock Kiosk.
Step 4: Launch the kiosk
- Go to Feature Add-ons, then select Time Clock Kiosk.
- To the right of your kiosk for this computer (indicated by "this device" next to the name), select .
- Your kiosk is ready to go!