Find out what to do if you have issues updating your QuickBooks Online subscription.
If you receive a My subscription payment failed email, it means we can't charge the billing account for your subscription. The card on file may be out of date, invalid, or the card issuer may have declined the payment.
All you need to do is update your billing info.
Step 1: Update your billing info
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- Select the Billing & subscription tab.
- Select Edit ✎ for your Payment method.
- Update your billing info.
- Select Save.
Once you update your billing info, it can take up to 24 hours to activate your account.
If you still see an error, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Review your billing info
If you updated your billing info but still have issues, go back and edit your payment method again. Here are a few things to check:
- Make sure there are no special characters or symbols (such as @ or *) in your billing address. Special characters will cause errors.
- Make sure every field on the payment method screen is filled in, including the postal code.
- Follow Step 1: Update your billing info in a private web browser. In Google, this is called Incognito mode; in Safari, it's a Private window. If you are able to update your billing info and don't see an error in the private web browser, you need to clear your web browser cache. Here are detailed steps for how to clear your browser cache.
You should also check in with your bank. Make sure QuickBooks is approved to bill your account. For PayPal, Contact PayPal or the banking institution that is linked to PayPal.
Step 3: Contact Customer support
If you're still unable to fix your payment issues, please reach out to Customer support:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks company file.
- Select Help (?).
- Select the Search tab, then select Contact Us, and follow the steps to connect with us.