Learn how to quickly review your client's open tasks and contact information.
In QuickBooks Online Accountant, the Clients tab lets you quickly see your client's info and tasks. At a glance, you can see things like banking activity. You can also check the status of year-end tasks like Workpapers.
Review client info and open tasks
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Go to the Clients menu.
- Select the Overview or Bookkeeping tab.
Note: Any changes you make in the Overview and Bookkeeping tabs update in real-time. But, bank transactions might be delayed since they come from your client's bank.
Learn about the Overview tab
In the client overview, you can view and manage all your clients in one place. You can also customize your view of important client information and tasks.
- Email/phone: Easily access your client's contact info.
- Payroll: View upcoming payroll tasks like pay dates and tax payments.
- Banking: Review client's uncategorized banking transactions.
- Workpapers: Quickly access your client's accounts to prepare for taxes.
- Tax Returns: Create or continue a client's tax return.
- Lead: View the client's lead accountant.
Learn about the Bookkeeping tab
In the bookkeeping tab, you can easily check the status of current month-end reviews for each of your clients.
In the month-end review column, you can start a review for the current month. If it's not finished, select the icons to see what you need to do next. Learn more about month-end reviews for your clients.