Learn how to create custom workflows to send reminders to your customers or internal team.
With QuickBooks Online Advanced, you can use workflows to automate common tasks in QuickBooks, like sending payment reminders, or new invoices to customers. You can also send reminders to your team to complete specific tasks, like reviewing open invoices. Automating tasks with workflows saves time so you can focus on your business.
Here we’ll show you how to create your own custom workflows from a single template.
You can also create new workflows with templates pre-built by QuickBooks.
Create a custom workflow
When you create a workflow, it sends reminders based on the conditions you set up. Here’s how to create a custom workflow:
- Select the Workflows menu. Or select Settings ⚙ and then Manage Workflows.
- Select the Templates tab.
- Select + Custom workflow to create a new template.
- In the ▼ dropdown for Select record for workflow, select the transaction type.
- In the Define action that you’d like QuickBooks to do section, select action. The options that display depend on the type of transaction you select.
- Select Next.
- In the Workflow name field, enter a name for the template.
- Complete the fields in the window.
- When you're done, select Save and enable to turn on your workflow.
After you create your workflow, learn how to review your open tasks or manage your workflows.