Learn what to do if you lost or forgot your password for QuickBooks Desktop.
Once you know what type of password you need to reset, follow the steps.
- Reset a user password
- If you enter a username when you sign in and you know the admin password, follow these steps to reset the user password.
- Reset the admin password
- If you don’t need to enter a username at sign in or your username is admin, follow these steps to reset the admin password.
Reset a user password
- Open QuickBooks.
- Sign in as the admin user.
- Go to Company, select Set Up Users and Passwords.
- Select Set Up Users. Then enter the admin password again.
- In the User List, select the user that needs to change their password. Then select Edit User.
- Enter a new password.
- Select Next twice, then select Finish.
Reset the admin password
You'll need to confirm some info as a security step. If you don’t remember the info, we’ll show you how to find it.
For QuickBooks 2020 and later:
- Open QuickBooks and open you company file.
- Select I forgot my password on the sign in screen.
- Select an email then select Next. We'll email you a token to reset your password.
Note: If you don’t see your email address, select Don’t see your email in the list above? and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Enter the token from your email.
Emails from us can show up in your spam folders. Check your spam and junk folders if you don't see your code in your inbox.