In some cases, you might need to create a paper cheque instead of using direct deposit. For example, your employee, who is already on direct deposit, might request it.
Here's how to create a paper cheque in QuickBooks Online Payroll:
- Go to Payroll and select Employees (Take me there).
- Select Run Payroll.
- If you use more than one pay schedule, select the schedule to use for this payroll run, and then select Continue.
- Select the direct deposit icon for the employee.
- Select Paper cheque in the window.
- Enter the employee's pay cheque info.
- Select Preview payroll, and then select Submit payroll.
- Enter the cheque number. (The cheque number is required only if you're printing on blank cheque stock.)
- Select Print pay cheque to print the pay cheque. (Note: You won't see the Print pay cheque button until you choose what to print the pay cheques on.)
- Select Print pay stub to print only the pay stub and hand write the cheque.
- Select Finish payroll.