Learn how to print a cheque from your print queue.
After creating a cheque to pay for expenses, you can print the cheque directly in QuickBooks Online. You can set up your print settings for either standard or voucher cheques. Here's how to print cheques that you’ve already recorded in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Set up QuickBooks to print cheques
Print your own cheques and pay your expenses, suppliers and employees with guaranteed compatible cheques for QuickBooks.
To get started, go through the print cheques setup. This walks you through getting your printer and cheques to line up. Once the setup’s done, your settings are saved for future use.
Step 2: Add cheques to the print queue
When you record a new cheque, selecting the Print later checkbox or the Print cheque option adds it to the print queue. Then you can print all your cheques at once.
Step 3: Print cheques from the print queue
Now that your cheques are in the queue, you can print them.
Note: If you need to change the type of cheque you’re printing (standard or voucher), open the print setup and change your cheque type.
- Select + New.
- Select Print cheques.
- Load your cheques into the printer. Tip: you can do a test print on plain paper first to cheque the alignment so you don’t waste cheques.
- Select the chequing account that you created the cheque from the dropdown ▼.
- In the Starting cheque no. field, enter the cheque number of the first cheque in the printer.
- Select the checkbox next to each cheque you want to print.
- Select Preview and print.
- If everything is correct, select Print.
- If your cheques print correctly, select Done.
If your cheques don’t print correctly, select the some cheques need reprinting option or the option to keep cheques in the Print cheques list. You may need to open the print setup and adjust your alignment settings.
How to print voucher cheques without the voucher portion
Want to print cheques without the voucher? You’ll just need to change your cheque type to Standard.
- Select + New.
- Select Print Cheques.
- Select Print setup.
- Select Standard then select Yes, I’m finished with setup.
- Select the small arrow ▼ icon under "On first page print" and select 1 cheque.
- Select the cheque to print.
- Select Preview and print. If everything is correct, select Print.