This article will show you how to print and reprint pay cheques for your employees from QuickBooks Online. You can print pay cheques right after you submit your payroll. If you set up direct deposit from your bank to your employees' bank accounts, you can print or email pay stubs on payday.
Change your printing preference
To print pay cheques, you'll first need to determine your pay cheque printing options. You can print a pay cheque with one pay stub or two, or you can just print the pay stub if you're using direct deposit. By default, it will be set to print pay stubs, so you may need to adjust these settings.
- Select the Settings ⚙️ icon, then Payroll settings.
- Under Preferences, select Pay Cheque Printing.
- Select how you want to print your pay cheques:
- Select Plain paper stubs to print the pay stubs to go along with your handwritten cheques.
- Select Preprinted QuickBooks®-compatible voucher cheque stock (takes 3-5 days to activate) to have us print your company and banking information on the stock along with the payee information.
- Enter the number of copies to print.
- Select whether to print your business contact phone number on the pay stubs.
- Select OK. The Printer Setup page displays.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to test the paper alignment on your printer.
Print pay cheques
Here's how to print pay cheques:
- From the run payroll screen, deselect the checkboxes for the pay cheques you don't want to print.
- If applicable, type in a starting cheque number.
- Load the cheque stock into your printer.
- Select Print pay cheques to open the PDF in a new tab.
- Select Print.
|Note: Before you print on preprinted paper, be sure you've aligned the cheque stock to your printer. Preprinted cheque stock already has your company and banking information printed on it. We fill in the cheque details when you run payroll. To purchase, visit https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/stationery.|
To reprint pay cheques
If your employee requested another copy of their pay cheque, you can easily reprint it:
- Go to Payroll and select Employees (Take me there).
- Select Pay cheque list below the Run Payroll button.
- When the report page opens, select the checkboxes for the pay stubs or pay cheques you want to print.
- Select Print to open the PDF in a new tab.
- Select Print.