Some employees are exempt from withholding or from one or more payroll taxes.
Follow these steps to make an employee exempt from payroll taxes.
- Navigate to Payroll and select Employees (Take me there).
- Select the employee from the list of active employees.
- Select the edit pencil next to pay.
- Select the pencil next to STEP 1 in the set up.
- Scroll down and select the Tax Exemptions dropdown.
- Select the check box next to Employee Insurance.
The change will apply starting with the employee's next paycheque.