After you verify the tax information, you can set up company payroll tax information. This is needed to complete your year-end tasks:
- Go to Settings ⚙, then Payroll Settings.
- From the Payroll Settings window, select Federal Tax Information.
- In the Company Federal Tax Information screen, enter your Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Payroll Number. You would have received this number when you registered your business with the CRA. This number will be printed on T4 slips and other payroll forms.
- Enter your T4 Transmitter Number(also called a Magnetic Media number). This number is required to send your T4s electronically to the CRA. If you are a current magnetic media (MM) transmitter, use the MM number that the CRA has already assigned to you. If you are a new transmitter, use the number MM555555.
- Enter the Owner social insurance number (this is optional).
- Click OK.
For more details, watch out our video on setting up payroll.