Set up timesheet rounding to round team members' clock-in and clock-out times up, down, or to the nearest increment of 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 15, or 30 minutes.
- Only account administrators can set up timesheet rounding.
- Timesheet rounding only works when team members clock in and out, or switch jobs. Manual time entries and edited time will not be affected.
- If using the round up or down options, it's recommended to round both clock-in and clock-out times the same direction, not in opposing directions.
- When deciding whether or not to round hours, we recommend that you consult a labour/employment attorney in your country. If your company is in the US, you also might want to check the US Dept of Labour's website and your state's labour laws.
To install the timesheet rounding add-on
- In the left menu, go to Feature Add-ons, then select Manage Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Timesheet Rounding, and select Install.
- In the Timesheet Rounding Preferences window, make your selections for Round clock-in times and/or Round clock-out times, and select Save.
To change your timesheet rounding preferences
- In the left menu, go to Feature Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Timesheet Rounding, and select Preferences.
- Make your selections, and select Save.
- Up: 4:16 PM would round to 4:30 PM if the clock out time was set to round up in 15-minute increments.
- Down: 4:16 PM would round to 4:15 PM if the clock out time was set to round down in 15-minute increments.
- Nearest: 4:16 PM would round to 4:15 PM if the clock out time was set to round to the nearest 15-minute increment.