Turning on the auto-recall feature to pre-fill transactions is quick and easy. However, when turning on auto-recall, there are some changes that you need to know.
Turn on auto-recall to pre-fill transactions
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- Select Advanced.
- In the Automation section, select the pencil icon.
- Choose Pre-fill forms with previously entered content to enable auto-recall. Uncheck the box to disable the auto-recall feature.
- Select Save at the bottom of the Automation box, then Done to record your changes.
What information in a transaction does auto-recall automatically fill?
When auto-recall is turned on, QuickBooks Online will automatically fill in the rest of the transaction (excluding the date) when you select a customer, supplier, or employee while entering bills, writing cheques, or entering credit card credit.
- Auto-recall uses the info from the last saved transaction type for that specific customer, supplier, or employee.
- If you see recommendations of open items to add to an expense, the pre-fill automation won't run. It only works if there are no recommendations.
- When you select a supplier's name on a cheque, QuickBooks Online fills in the entire cheque using the same information for the last one you entered for that specific supplier.
- If only one or two things have changed, you can update any of the fields, and save the transaction.
- The next time you select that customer, supplier, or employee, the new information will auto-fill.
What information does auto-recall fill for sales receipts and invoices?
When you select Sales Receipt or Invoice from the customer menu, the only item that will be recalled is the Location.
If you wish to have a pre-filled sales transaction to use for a customer, you can set up a scheduled transaction or create a recurring transaction template for transactions without a regularly scheduled interval.
What information does auto-recall fill for employee time sheets?
Employee time activity will only recall the location. All other data must be re-selected and entered.
Now you understand how auto-recall affects your transaction forms.