If you add a customer's phone number in the customer details pane, it won't automatically show on sales transactions, such as estimates, invoices, and sales receipts. If you want the phone number to appear on sale transactions, you can either add the phone number in the billing address section, or add it directly to the other sales information, if you want it to appear on a single transaction only.
Add a phone number permanently to sales transactions
- Go to Customers & leads and select Customers (Take me there).
- Choose a customer's name.
- Select Edit.
- In the Billing address section, add the phone number above the street address information. If you want the phone number listed at the bottom, you can use the Country field within the billing address section. This means that reports will show phone numbers in this field instead of their country.
- If the Shipping address is different, you can use the same steps to add the phone number to the shipping address field.
- Select Save.
Add a phone number to a single transaction
- Select the sales transaction you want to edit, then select Edit invoice.
- Select Billing address or Shipping to then type in the customer's phone number.
- If you don't see the Shipping to field, you may have to turn on this setting. To turn it on:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and settings.
- Select Sales.
- In the Sales form content section, turn on the Shipping option.
- Select Save.