The Bank Feeds logs record what happens during an online connection with your bank. If the connection fails, or you get an error, the logs can help pinpoint the failure.
There's a preference to create log files. Make sure you turn this on before you reproduce the bank feeds issue. Here’s how:
- Select Edit, then select Preferences.
- Select Checking, then select Company Preferences.
- Select Turn on Bank feeds log files, then select OK.
- If you don't see the option to turn on bank feeds logs, switch to Express mode.
Logs now go to a new location:
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks\Log\XX.0
Note: In this path, XX.0 represents your version of QuickBooks Desktop. For example, 18.0 is Enterprise 18.0 and QuickBooks Pro 2018 starts with 28.0. Continuing on, 21.0 is Enterprise 21.0 whereas QuickBooks Pro 2021 is 31.0.
Go to the folder location using File explorer and search for the Bank Feeds log files referenced below. To see the AppData folder, you'll need to display hidden files and folders.
- ~qbofx32 (encrypted)
- ~qbofxod (encrypted)
These files are not encrypted and can be opened as a .txt file.
- Web Connect files (.QBO) are files you download from your financial institution's website, which you will import to QuickBooks. To learn more, see Import web connect (.qbo) files.
- The connlog.txt file contains connection data that may reveal the cause of the failure.
Since QuickBooks' role in Bank Feeds is that of an access point, the majority of OL and OLSU errors received are solved at the bank's end.
- Banks have a support channel: All financial institutions that currently support QuickBooks Online Banking have an escalation path to the Online Connectivity Group at Intuit via https://ofx-partner.intuit.com/.
- For proper assistance when contacting your bank, ask for a bank representative familiar with QuickBooks Bank Feeds and account activation.
- Ask the representative to verify if your account/s are activated for the services you require for QuickBooks (not Quicken).
- If the issue remains unresolved, get a case/ticket no. and request to escalate the case.