Learn how to connect an existing Payments account to QuickBooks Online so customers can pay for their invoices online.
Want to process customer payments in QuickBooks? If you sign up for QuickBooks Payments (Merchant Services) directly from QuickBooks Online, we connect your accounts automatically.
If you signed up for QuickBooks Payments in a different QuickBooks product, no problem. Here's how to manually connect your payments account so you can process payments in QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Get ready to connect
- Refund any open transactions before you connect your accounts. You won't be able to refund transactions created before the date you connect your payments account.
- If you have recurring payments, you need to delete them. Sign in to QuickBooks Online and disable any recurring payments before you start.
Step 2: Connect your Payments account to QuickBooks Online
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin.
- Go to Settings ⚙and then Account and Settings.
- Select Payment, then Learn more.
- Select Set up payments.
Step 3: Change the account QuickBooks puts money into
You can keep using the same account you've always used to deposit customer payments. If you need to, here's how to change the account.
Step 4: Turn on payment options and online invoices
Now your accounts are connected. Here's how to turn on payment options and process payments.