Learn how to enter a single timesheet in your QuickBooks Online.
This is useful for your business when entering or editing a single day or event at a time. If you need to enter a weekly timesheet, get more help here.
|Note: Timesheets only allow a single hourly rate. If you need to enter multiple hourly rates, you can sign up for a QBO Payroll subscription.
Enter the timesheet
- Select + New.
- Select Single time activity.
- Enter the date the activity occurred in the Date field. Note: The current date is automatically entered on the date field, but you can change it if necessary.
- From the dropdown ▼, select the name of the employee or supplier.
- For each type of activity, enter an activity line:
- Choose a customer from the dropdown ▼ if you want to bill the activity to the customer or track expenses for the customer.
- Complete the following optional fields. Note: If you don't see the fields, they are turned off. You can turn them on by going to your Account and settings.
- Service: If you use the services to enter time, choose a service that represents the activity.
- Enter a description of the activity. Note: If the activity is billed to a customer, the description appears on their invoice, depending on your company settings. If you select an item from the optional Service field, text for the description appears automatically.
- Select the Billable checkbox if you want to bill the activity to the customer. Enter a rate per hour. Note: To turn on this option, go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings, then the Time tab to turn on Allow time to be billable.
- Enter the number of hours and minutes worked in the Time field. Note: Select the Enter Start and End Times checkbox to enter the start and end times, and the amount of time taken for a break.
- Select Save or Save and close.