Payroll software that helps your business run smoothly
Easily pay employees right in QuickBooks Online
Run payroll easily and accurately in QuickBooks
- We’ll do the math and stay on top of tax rates to help keep your payroll accurate and on time.
- You have the ability to set up multiple pay schedules and frequencies.
- Pay employees through free direct deposit and printing cheques.*
Easily track time for your employees
- Enter your employee hours in timesheets and sync with payroll.*
- TSheets integration to QuickBooks Online timesheet available for Standard Payroll.
- Pull in complete labour costs automatically with Standard Payroll when you sync up with the Projects feature.†
†Projects feature requires QuickBooks Online Plus.
Prepare and file your taxes in a flash
- File and remit your payroll taxes with the CRA or Revenu Québec.
- We help you prepare PD7A and TPZ-1015 remittance forms to print and file.
- We file and remit your payroll taxes automatically every time they are due.*
Year end forms made simple
- We assist or automatically prepare and file T4s, T4As, and Relevé 1s for your employees and contractors.*
- We assist or automatically file forms for your employees at year end.*
- We make it easy to get all the info you need to complete a Record of Employment, or automatically file it with Service Canada for you.*
Keep it secure with employee portal access
- Employees can track their vacation days and view their pay stubs online in the new QuickBooks Workforce portal available with Standard payroll.
- Employee access to year end forms (T4/RL1 slips).
- Save time and stay compliant without manually distributing pay stubs.
Free payroll specialists are here for you
- A dedicated payroll specialist will help you set up your payroll.
- We will help you easily run your first payroll.
- Free support throughout the onboarding experience.
Don’t just take our word for it
See why Tanis from Maven Bookkeeping keeps it all in one place with online payroll software from QuickBooks.
First things first—you need QuickBooks Online
Payroll to do everything in one place.
Add the perfect Payroll solution to your QuickBooks
Try Payroll free for 30 days first with QuickBooks Online
- Pay contractors
- Print pay cheques
- Time Tracking
- Project Costing
Plus, hear from more QuickBooks Payroll customers
Get the support you need
Video tutorials, webinars, and articles are all available to help you run your business with QuickBooks.
Find an accounting pro
Work with a QuickBooks certified accounting professional (ProAdvisor) to get expert help and grow your business.
Free phone & chat support from QuickBooks experts.†
More resources to help manage payroll
Do you want to get a handle on your payroll? Learn how to streamline payroll, which payroll frequency is right for your business, and more in our Small Business Resource Centre.
Tips for changing payroll frequency
See how to save time and money on payroll processing costs by switching to less-frequent payroll periods properly.
Common payroll mistakes that small businesses make
Learn how to avoid making payroll mistakes that can be costly and have financial, legal, and reputational consequences.
Payroll tax compliance: what every small business needs to know
Check out the rules the Canada Revenue Agency has established for Canadian business owners when it comes to payroll.
Frequently Asked Questions
We do not offer a standalone online payroll service, you will need to set up a QuickBooks Online plan & add-on payroll as a service.
QuickBooks Online Payroll offers two solutions designed to fit your business needs. You will be able to conveniently manage both QuickBooks and payroll all in one place. We will help you keep your payroll accurate and on time with free direct deposit. We also have no hidden payroll service fees.
You’ll need the following information to set up your online payroll. You can find the information from your previous payroll provider, in your own records, from your accountant, or from federal and provincial agencies.
- Compensation and Benefits
- Tax Information
- Prior Payrolls
- Liability Information
You can easily set up payroll direct deposit in QuickBooks Online. After you do the initial setup, you can set up each employee on direct deposit and also verify your test transaction.
† Upon activation of the QuickBooks Online Payroll service, your subsequent monthly charges will be $20 + $2/employee in addition to your QuickBooks Online subscription cost, plus all applicable taxes, until you cancel. The $2/employee fee is charged per unique active employee that has run a payroll during the monthly billing cycle. To cancel your subscription, contact us here. A valid credit card is required to continue using QuickBooks Online Payroll. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice. Canada only.
§ Upon activation of the QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll service, your subsequent payroll charges will be $20 plus $2 per employee per pay run until you cancel. To cancel your subscription, contact us here. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice. Canada only.
Support available M-F, 9am-8pm (EST).
Data access is subject to internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
Intuit does not warrant or guarantee the quality of QuickBooks ProAdvisors’ (either certified or non certified) work and Intuit is not responsible for any errors, acts or omissions of Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors or non-certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.