Payroll software that helps your business run smoothly
Easily pay employees right in QuickBooks Online
Run payroll easily and accurately in QuickBooks
- We’ll do the math and stay on top of tax rates to help keep your payroll accurate and on time.
- You have the ability to set up multiple pay schedules and frequencies.
- Set up vacation and sick leave policies, plus easily track the accrued balances for each employee.
Easily track time for your employees
- Enter your employee hours in timesheets and sync with payroll.
- TSheets integration to QuickBooks Online timesheet available.
- Pull in complete labour costs automatically when you sync up with the Projects feature.*
Prepare and file your taxes in a flash
- Calculate and track payroll taxes with the CRA or Revenu Québec.
- We help you prepare PD7A and TPZ-1015 remittance forms to print and file.
Year end forms and Record of Employment made simple
- We prepare T4 and RL-1 forms so they’re ready to print and file for your employees.
- We make it easy to get all the info you need to complete a Record of Employment — we’ll do the calculations and fill in the form for you.
Keep it secure with employee portal access
- Employees can track their vacation days and view their pay stubs online in the QuickBooks Workforce portal.
- Employee access to year end forms (T4/RL1 slips).
- Save time and stay compliant without manually distributing pay stubs.
Free payroll specialists are here for you
- A dedicated payroll specialist will help you set up your payroll.
- We will help you easily run your first payroll.
- Free support throughout the onboarding experience.
Stay on top of workers’ compensation
- Automatically calculate and track workers’ compensation for employees.
- Get reminders when workers’ compensation payments are due to avoid late fees.
- Currently available in Quebec, Ontario, and BC.
Don’t just take our word for it
See why Tanis from Maven Bookkeeping keeps it all in one place with online payroll software from QuickBooks.
First things first—you need QuickBooks Online
Payroll to do everything in one place.
Plus, hear from more QuickBooks Payroll customers
Get the support you need
Video tutorials, webinars, and articles are all available to help you run your business with QuickBooks.
Find an accounting pro
Work with a QuickBooks certified accounting professional (ProAdvisor) to get expert help and grow your business.
Free phone & chat support from QuickBooks experts.†
More resources to help manage payroll
Do you want to get a handle on your payroll? Learn how to streamline payroll, which payroll frequency is right for your business, and more in our Small Business Resource Centre.
Tips for changing payroll frequency
See how to save time and money on payroll processing costs by switching to less-frequent payroll periods properly.
Common payroll mistakes that small businesses make
Learn how to avoid making payroll mistakes that can be costly and have financial, legal, and reputational consequences.
Payroll tax compliance: what every small business needs to know
Check out the rules the Canada Revenue Agency has established for Canadian business owners when it comes to payroll.
Frequently Asked Questions
We do not offer a standalone online payroll service, you will need to set up a QuickBooks Online plan & add-on payroll as a service.
QuickBooks Online Payroll offers two solutions designed to fit your business needs. You will be able to conveniently manage both QuickBooks and payroll all in one place. We will help you keep your payroll accurate and on time with free direct deposit. We also have no hidden payroll service fees.
You’ll need the following information to set up your online payroll. You can find the information from your previous payroll provider, in your own records, from your accountant, or from federal and provincial agencies.
- Compensation and Benefits
- Tax Information
- Prior Payrolls
- Liability Information
You can easily set up payroll direct deposit in QuickBooks Online. After you do the initial setup, you can set up each employee on direct deposit and also verify your test transaction.
† Upon activation of the QuickBooks Online Payroll service, your subsequent monthly charges will be $20 + $3/employee in addition to your QuickBooks Online subscription cost, plus all applicable taxes, until you cancel. The $3/employee fee is charged per unique active employee that has run a payroll during the monthly billing cycle. To cancel your subscription, contact us here. A valid credit card is required to continue using QuickBooks Online Payroll. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice. Canada only.
Support available M-F, 9am-8pm (EST).
Data access is subject to internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
Intuit does not warrant or guarantee the quality of QuickBooks ProAdvisors’ (either certified or non certified) work and Intuit is not responsible for any errors, acts or omissions of Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors or non-certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Forecast cash flow up to 90 days out: Cash flow planning is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only. Actual results may vary.
Send invoices. Accept payments. Get paid 2x faster: Getting paid 2x faster based on U.S. customers using QuickBooks Online invoice tracking and payment features from Aug 2019 to Jul 2020.
Snap receipts. Sort expenses. Save over $3,500 at tax time: Claim of $3,500 savings based on average tax year savings of $3,563 for QuickBooks Self-Employed customers that had business expenses and owed taxes in 2019.
Auto-sort transactions. Save over 30 hours a month: Based on a survey of small businesses using QuickBooks Online conducted August 2019 who stated average savings compared with their prior solution.