Run your business your way
QuickBooks Online is there.
The power of QuickBooks, wherever you go.
Work from anywhere
Run reports, send invoices, organize expenses, and more from any device—PC, Mac, tablet, or phone.1
From new tax rates to new features, you get all the latest updates without lifting a finger.
Capture receipts on your phone
Snap a photo of your receipt and attach it to any transaction using the QuickBooks mobile app.
Back up data automatically
Every time you make a change, we back it up instantly. So you don’t have to.
Share books with your accountant
Your accountant can access your books remotely to help you keep on track and ready for tax time.
Do less data entry
We’ll automatically download and organize your bank and credit card transactions.2
“QuickBooks Online gives me the tools to run my
business from my laptop at home or anywhere with
Travis Williams, Legacy Stucco
Frequently Asked Questions
Is QuickBooks Online right for me?
QuickBooks Online is suitable for most QuickBooks Desktop users. It has many unique features designed to support users who need anywhere, anytime access as well as multiple user access. However, in streamlining the feature set to make QuickBooks Online even faster and easier to use than QuickBooks Desktop, we limited some of the more advanced features.
QuickBooks Online is a great choice if you want:
- Access to your data anytime, anywhere from your PC, Mac or on your mobile device with our free mobile app
- Ability to send estimates and invoices on the go
- Access for up to 5-users and 2 accounting professionals – at no extra cost6
- Automatic updates and upgrades that don’t require any action
- Free support to help with setup or to answer “how-to” questions
QuickBooks Desktop may be more suitable if you need:
- Robust inventory, payroll, job costing, or custom reporting capabilities
- Detailed back orders, work orders, or sales orders
- Progress invoicing or ability to receive partial POs
Does QuickBooks Online sync with my QuickBooks Desktop version?
No, QuickBooks Online is a completely independent version of QuickBooks, so you will be able access QuickBooks entirely online from your browser or mobile device subscription at no additional cost.
Important Note: For your trial period, we recommend running both company files in conjunction with one another. Data from QuickBooks Online is not backwards compatible into QuickBooks Pro or Premier. So if you decide to go back to QuickBooks Pro or Premier, the data you have entered into QuickBooks Online will not carry over. Double entries will be required.
How do I switch to QuickBooks Online if I currently use Pro or Premier?
We've created a step by step processes so that you can upgrade to QuickBooks Online from either Pro or Premier. Click here to learn more.
Will I be able to manage Payroll with QuickBooks Online?
Click here to learn more about QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Can I process payments directly with QuickBooks Online?
Yes, click here for more information on QuickBooks Online Payments.
Is QuickBooks Online only available on a monthly subscription plan?
Yes, QuickBooks Online is a software service. The monthly costs cover things that you don't get with the desktop version like automated daily backups, and automatic upgrades.
Still have questions? Call us today 1-855-871-5212
* Offer valid for a limited time only. This offer is valid for the first 3 months only. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. Requires an active QuickBooks Online subscription, high-speed Internet access. 24/7 access is subject to occasional downtime due to systems and servers maintenance. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond our control. Product registration required.
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Each application subject to additional terms, conditions and fees.
- Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks Online - Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required. QuickBooks Desktop hosting is only available via third-party vendors. See their websites for terms and conditions.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials includes 3 user licenses. QuickBooks Online Plus includes 5 user licenses.
- Export to QuickBooks Online supported in QuickBooks Desktop 2012 and later. For earlier versions, review this support article.