Work smarter, not harder, move to QuickBooks Online
Time-saving tools at your fingertips
Do less data entry
Sync your bank and credit cards so transactions are downloaded and organized for you.2
Organize receipts on your phone
Snap photos of your receipts and attach them to transactions so you have proof of your expenses.
Make it easy to get paid
Give customers the convenience of paying by credit card right from the invoice so you get paid quickly.3
Take control of your time and your business
Data that works for you
As you keep your expenses organized, QuickBooks helps by suggesting tax categories based on what you did last time. For added control, you can set up rules so similar items get categorized the same way.
Security is built into everything we do
We take your security and privacy seriously, and follow high encryption standards. You can rest easy knowing your data is backed up automatically as you work.
Business tools as mobile as you are1
Quickly see your financials wherever the workday takes you-from a PC, Mac, tablet, or phone. You can send invoices, track expenses, and much more using the mobile app for Android or iOS.4
Collaborate in real-time
With free access for up to 5 users and 2 accountants, collaboration is a few clicks away. You can easily work with your team on the go and maintain a proactive, year-round connection with your accountant.5
Add apps, subtract work
You can sync QuickBooks with the apps you already use to help prevent duplicate data and doubled efforts. Sync with Square, Expensify, and others to save time and get the full financial picture of your business.6
QuickBooks Online vs QuickBooks Desktop
Choose the best QuickBooks Online plan for your business
Choose the best QuickBooks Online plan for your business
Try a demo of QuickBooks Online to see how it works
Switch to QuickBooks Online in 3 steps
1. Get your start
2. Make your move
3. Double-check your math
Hear from QuickBooks customers who made the switch
Support comes with QuickBooks Online
Video tutorials, webinars, and articles are all available to help you run your business with QuickBooks.
Find an accounting pro
Work with a QuickBooks certified accounting professional (ProAdvisor) to get expert help and grow your business.
Free phone & chat support from QuickBooks experts.†
Helpful online accounting resources
5 reasons your small business should consider using cloud computing
From lower upfront costs to no-hassle maintenance, discover all the ways cloud computing can give your business an advantage.
How to migrate to the cloud from Excel or traditional accounting software
Transitioning from your current desktop accounting software to cloud accounting software can be quick and seamless—see how to prepare.
How to keep your small business cloud accounting even more secure
Cloud accounting is one of the safest ways to store your small business’ financial information, but there are great ways to back it up even more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes—there are few more advanced features that are only available in Desktop. You may want to stick with QuickBooks Desktop if you have complex inventory needs or require the multi-currency option for payments and purchases.
QuickBooks Online is suitable for most QuickBooks Desktop users. It has many unique features designed to support users who need anywhere, anytime access as well as multiple user access. However, in streamlining the feature set to make QuickBooks Online even faster and easier to use than QuickBooks Desktop, we limited some of the more advanced features.
QuickBooks Online is a great choice if you want:
- Access to your data anytime, anywhere from your PC, Mac, or on your mobile device with our free mobile app
- Ability to send estimates and invoices on the go
- Access for up to 5 users and 2 Accountants—at no extra cost5
- Automatic updates and upgrades that don’t require any action
- Free support to help with setup or to answer “how-to” questions
QuickBooks Desktop may be more suitable if you need:
- Robust inventory, payroll, job costing, or custom reporting capabilities
- Detailed back orders, work orders, or sales orders
- Progress invoicing or ability to receive partial POs
No, QuickBooks Online is a completely independent version of QuickBooks, so you will be able access QuickBooks entirely online from your browser or mobile device subscription at no additional cost.
*The above discount offer is available only to new QuickBooks customers, for the first 3 months of the subscription, and cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online offers. The monthly subscription price excludes HST/GST. Offer valid for a limited time only. You must select the Buy Now option. Offer not applicable with free trial. After the discount period, you will be automatically charged at the then-current fee for the service(s) you’ve selected, unless you cancel. If you add or remove services, your services fees will be adjusted accordingly.
If you’re not satisfied with QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Self-Employed for any reason, you can cancel your subscription within the product if you purchased your subscription directly from Intuit, or through the app store (iTunes or Google Play) if that’s where you purchased your subscription. You’ll have access to your account through the end of your current billing period. Following this period, you won’t be charged for your subscription.
**For offer terms and conditions, please see here.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond our control. Product registration required.
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Additional terms & fees required. Only credit card payments in Canadian dollars can be accepted.
- Data access is subject to Internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
- Connectivity with your accountant requires your accountant to subscribe to QuickBooks Online Accountant, sold separately. Alternatively, with QuickBooks Online Essentials or Plus you can designate your accountant as one of your users.
- Additional terms & fees may apply for third party apps.
- QuickBooks Online subscriptions include free, unlimited messaging and phone support M-F 9am-8pm ET. QuickBooks Self-Employed subscriptions include free, unlimited 24/7 email support only.
- Product registration required. QuickBooks Desktop hosting is only available via third-party vendors. See their websites for terms and conditions.
Terms, conditions, pricing, special features, and service and support options subject to change without notice.