If you encounter an error when syncing timesheets from QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks Online, it usually means employee information is missing, or you may just need to re-open your QuickBooks Time page.
How to fix:
Fix missing employees error
Employee names in QuickBooks Online must match exactly those in QuickBooks Time to export hours. If they don’t, your sync log will display a message that says: “Can't export [employee’s] time, because the user's account isn't found in your QuickBooks Employee List”. Here’s how to fix this:
- In QuickBooks Time, select the QuickBooks dropdown, then View Sync Log.
- Next to the error message, select Fix This.
Note: if you don’t see the error message, select a different sync report. Sync reports that contain error messages display in red.
- A list of your employees from QuickBooks Online displays. Search for and select the matching employee.
- If you can’t find the employee, you need to add them into QuickBooks Online and perform an import. Then, try to match the employee again.
- If you don’t want to export this employee’s time, you can select Exclude this user's time.
- Select Save. Repeat if there is more than one unmatched employee.
Fix authentication error
If you are trying to export hours from QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks Online and you see the following error message: "Internal error: 3200:message=Exception authenticating OAuth; errorCode=003200; statusCode=401", the authorization token from Intuit has expired. Here’s how to fix this:
- Close your QuickBooks Time window.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as the primary admin.
- Go to Time and select Launch QuickBooks Time.
- Try another export.
- In QuickBooks Time, select the QuickBooks Sync Menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Make sure the box next to Class is unchecked.
- Run a sync again.
- Sign in as the primary admin of QuickBooks Online.
- Run another sync.