You can now carry forward data from other supplier's software in Canada including Cantax, TurboTax Desktop, DT Max, and TaxPrep.
This is a multi-step process requires you to carry forward files in ProFile prior to importing them into Pro Tax. The process should only take about five minutes to complete.
Download and install ProFile
- Navigate to the ProFile download page.
- Download the trial version of ProFile.
- Install ProFile on either a Windows PC or VMWare (if you are using a Mac).
- Enter your trial license key provided to you via email.
Visit this page for more information on entering a ProFile license key.
Note: Your 14-day trial will begin when you enter your trial license.
Carry forward other supplier returns to ProFile
- Open ProFile.
- Review the steps for carrying forward other supplier files into ProFile.
- Download the files you carried forward to your desktop.
Carry forward files in Pro Tax
This sequence takes an estimated 15 minutes per 50 returns.
- Log in to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Navigate to the Pro Tax tab.
- Select Import returns from the return list menu.
- Select Import returns from ProFile.
- Upload ProFile files for conversion.
- Match returns to clients and import.
- Repeat the steps for the next tax module, if applicable.
Visit our guide for more detailed instructions on carrying forward other supplier files into Pro Tax.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get support if I have an issue?
Contact the Pro Tax support team if you encounter an issue when carrying forward files to Pro Tax. Have the version of the ProFile file ready when you contact Pro Tax support.
I can't find or didn't receive my license key.
Contact QuickBooks Online Accountant support if you did not receive your license key.
My trial version of ProFile has expired. Do I have to download ProFile again?
Contact QuickBooks Online Accountant support if your trial version of ProFile has expired.
I'm getting an installation error. What can I do?
Contact QuickBooks Online Accountant support if you encounter an installation error.