Learn how to fix the print alignment for preprinted cheques in QuickBooks Online Payroll .
With QuickBooks Online Payroll , you can use voucher-style preprinted cheque stock, with the cheque in the upper third and a stub in the bottom two thirds.
Step 1: Set up printing preference
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Payroll Settings.
- In the Preferences section, select Paycheque Printing.
- Select Preprinted QuickBooks-compatible voucher cheque stock.
- Select Print 1 stub or Print 2 stubs, then OK.
Step 2: Set up cheque alignment
- Select Open Alignment Window, then print the sample cheque.
- Follow the instructions, then close the window.
- Select Align Cheques, then print the PDF file.
- Follow the instructions, then enter the letter and number that fits best.
- Select Update Settings, then OK.
Tip on how to align the print
Let’s say the letter K and number 5 are your current settings in the Printer setup preference. You print a sample cheque but the information is too:
- Low - Enter a letter that’s before the letter K (A to J) to move the information up.
- High - Enter a letter that’s after the letter K (L to X) to move the information down.
- Far-right - Enter a number that’s less than 5 (0 to 4) to move the information to the left.
- Far-left - Enter a number that’s more than 5 (6 to 9) to move the information to the right.
Step 3: Print a sample paycheque
- Go to Employees or Payroll menu, then select Employees.
- In the My Payroll section, select Paycheque list.
- Select a paycheque, then select Print.
If you still need to make adjustments, then continue to repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 until you’re satisfied.