Learn how to send your customers an invoice with WhatsApp from your computer.
Sending invoices over WhatsApp is a great way to reach your customers, and it can help you get paid faster by meeting customers where they’re at. Here’s how it works in QuickBooks Online.
How to send an invoice with WhatsApp
Use these steps to share an invoice with WhatsApp on your computer.
- On your computer, open QuickBooks Online and create an invoice.
- When you’re ready to send the invoice, select the small arrow icon next to Save and send.
- Select Save and Share (WhatsApp) .
- Enter your customer’s email if there wasn’t one on the invoice already. This doesn’t affect where your invoice goes but it is required to create the invoice.
- Enter the message you’d like your customer to see in WhatsApp.
- Select Share and Close. A new tab will open for WhatsApp Web. If you need to sign in, you’ll see on-screen instructions for how to use your mobile device to help you sign in.
- Select a contact to send the invoice to. If you entered a matching phone number for your customer in QuickBooks, their contact is pre-selected.
- Tap the send icon to send your message. It includes a link to the invoice you created. When a customer uses the link, it will take them to a webpage where they can view the invoice.
Note: Sharing with WhatsApp is just for links to invoices at this time. Sales receipts, estimates, and PDFs are not available. To submit feedback, use the feedback link at the bottom of the window in step 5 above.