Need to make a password, email address or user ID update? You can make changes to your accounts from your Intuit Account Manager.
Change your QuickBooks user ID, email address, password, and other info
Tip: Do you have multiple companies? Or see a message that your email is already being used? Consider consolidating them under a single user ID for a better sign-in experience.
From QuickBooks Online
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Select your profile icon next to Settings ⚙.
- Select Manage your Intuit Account. This opens the Intuit Account Manager.
- Select the Sign in & security menu.
- Select the User ID, Email address, or Password section.
- Make your changes.
- When you're done, select Save.
Note: If you changed your email address, make sure to also update your email address in the Manage users section of QuickBooks. This ensures you will continue to receive emails for your QuickBooks subscription.
From QuickBooks Online Accountant
If you use QuickBooks Online Accountant, use the Intuit Account Manager to edit your info. It offers the same profile management, even if you're not signed in to your QuickBooks Online account.
Frequently Asked Questions
I reset my password and now I can’t sign in
Your old password may still be saved in your internet browser. Remove any autofill you may have set up and try to enter your password manually. If you still can’t sign in, you’ll need to clear the data so you can use your new password. Once you’ve done this, close your browser and reopen it.
How can I create a QuickBooks Online user account?
- From the sign in page, select Create an account.
- Enter your email address, phone number (optional) and any other information prompted.
Note: If an account/login has been created with your email address, you can’t create another with the same email address.
- Create a password, then confirm it and continue.
Tip: Make sure your password uses lower and upper case letters, special characters and numbers.
- Follow the steps to verify your account to get started.