Access a client’s QuickBooks Online company file
- Select the GO TO QUICKBOOKS dropdown.
- Select the company file you want to access.
Note: If you don’t see the client’s company, make sure you add them to your firm. Or you have permission to access clients.
- When you’re ready to switch companies, select the dropdown beside the client’s company name.
- Select Back to practice to return to your firm or the name of a client’s company to switch.
You can easily switch between companies in QuickBooks Online Accountant from the Client list.
Switch from the Dashboard page
From the Dashboard page, you can switch between client companies:
- Select Go to QuickBooks, then select a client company to switch to from the list. The new company file opens.
- Select Back to practice to return to your firm's Clients page.
Switch from the Client list
From the client list, you can switch from one company to another:
- From the left menu, under Your Practice, select Clients.
- Select the QB logo next to the company name to switch to the company's Dashboard page.
Note: When you hover your cursor over the logo, you can view information about the client's subscription and the last login.
- Select the QB Accountant logo on the Toolbar to return to the firm's Client list.
The Overview page for the company you switched to opens.