Connecting your bank account to QuickBooks offers many benefits.
- Fast, easy, and secure set-up in less than one minute.
- See all your business finances in one place.
- Save time with synchronised solutions.
- Manage your cash flow with real-time data and future forecasting.
Add your bank accounts using Open Banking so you can automatically download your recent transactions.
Before you connect your bank account to QuickBooks Online, make sure your bank supports Open Banking. Check out if you can upgrade your bank feeds and which banks already have this available.
- Go to Banking.
- Select Connect account from the landing page, or select Upload transactions if you already have an account.
- Search for your bank and select Continue. Read through the terms and conditions, then select Agree.
- Follow the steps on your bank's internet banking page to authorise QuickBooks to connect to your bank account. Once you authorise the connection, you’ll be redirected back to QuickBooks.
- Select the bank accounts you want to connect, and which accounts they will link to in QuickBooks.
- Select Connect. QuickBooks is now connected to your bank accounts and your transactions are now available in the Banking menu.
If you have a foreign currency account, learn how to set it up.
Note: Once you have connected your account to Open Banking, you'll be invited to re-authorise the connection in the Banking page in QuickBooks every 90 days. If your bank connection has expired and you are unable to re-authorise the connection, please follow these steps to get your QuickBooks back on track.
Encountered an error while trying to connect? Don’t worry, because this article will explain how to fix common connection errors in QuickBooks.
Check out our dedicated Open Banking FAQs page for more information.