You have two options for adding notes to individual employee payslips in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll. First, you can insert a one-off note directly within the pay run. Alternatively, you can place a recurring note on the employee's payslips page.
Please note that adding a note within the pay run is only possible if the pay run has been unlocked or remains unfinalised.
Add a one-off note
Here's how to add a note to the individual employee from within the pay run:
- In the pay run, select the employee's name.
- Enter your note in the "Notes for this pay run" field.
Tip: If you select and drag the corner of the box, you can expand it to make more space.
- Select Save when you're done.
Add a recurring note
To add a recurring note to an employee's payslip:
- Go to the employee's record.
- Select Payslips.
- Enter the note or message in the "Payslip message" field.
- Select Save.
Note: These notes will show only on the employee's payslip for which it applies.