Learn how to add a supplier with a foreign currency in QuickBooks Online Essentials, Plus, and Advanced.
Does a supplier use a currency that's different from yours? If you’ve turned on multicurrency, you can add the supplier to QuickBooks and choose their currency in their profile. This lets you record transactions in the currency you pay them with.
Add a supplier with a foreign currency
Here’s how to add a supplier with their currency:
- From the left menu, go to Expenses.
- Select Suppliers, then New Supplier.
- Enter the supplier's name and other info.
- From the I pay this supplier with ▼ dropdown menu, select the currency you use to pay this supplier.
- Select Save when you’re done.
If you want to change the currency for an existing supplier
Once you add a supplier and record transactions with them, you can't change the currency in their profile. However, if you want to record new transactions with the supplier in their currency, here’s what you can do:
- Make the existing supplier profile inactive. Your previous transactions with the supplier stay in QuickBooks.
- Follow the steps above to add the supplier again, and select the currency you pay them with.
From now on, the new transactions you record with the supplier will be in their currency.