You can quickly set up a client’s account in QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA).
To add a client:
- From the Navigation menu, select Clients, and choose Add client.
- Choose whether the client is a Business or Individual.
- Fill in the required fields: Business name and Email.
- Under QuickBooks subscription, choose whether your firm (Wholesale Discount) or your client (Direct Discount) will pay for the subscription.
- Wholesale Discount. Your firm is billed for this client's company, and you receive a steep discount for the lifetime of that subscription.
- Direct Discount. Your client pays for their own company. They receive a discount for the first 12 months and then the company will bill at the normal rate.
- Select Compare, to compare product pricing and options.
- Select your product choice. (You can create QuickBooks Self-Employed client subscriptions through the Add client wizard.)
- (Optional) If you want to own the company instead of your client, check Make me the Master Admin of this client's QuickBooks company. Otherwise, your client will become the Master Administrator once they accept the invitation.
- (Optional) If you want to add payroll during company creation, select +Add payroll.
- When the subscription is created, an email is sent to your client so they can set up a user account. (Note: Only one QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription can be tied to a client's email address. If the client already has a QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription tied to their email, you will receive an error that an account already exists and the company creation will not complete.)
- Under Team Access, select which team members in your firm can access the client. To show more team members than are currently displayed, select +Show all team members.
- Select Save. If you select to add a client to Wholesale Billing, but you have not yet entered your credit card information for payment, you will be redirected to the Wholesale Billing Information screen upon saving.