Learn how to download and import your bank transactions in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
With online banking, QuickBooks connects to your bank in one of two ways: Direct Connect and Web Connect. We’ll show you how to download and import your transactions in both ways.
Note: QuickBooks doesn't control which transactions are downloaded from your bank. It only displays the info received from your bank.
Download transactions with Web Connect
When you download transactions through Web Connect, QuickBooks opens them from a .qbo file. Here’s how to download and import this file into QuickBooks.
- Go to Banking
- Select Website. This opens a browser window to your bank’s website. Note: You can also download transactions outside QuickBooks. Just open a browser and go to your bank’s website.
- Sign in to your online banking account.
- Go to your transactions, then enter the time you wish to display. If you’re not asked for a date range, you’ll see the maximum number of transactions your bank allows. Note: Steps on how to download QuickBooks Web Connect files vary per bank. If you’re not sure how to download the .qbo file from their website, contact your bank for help.
- In QuickBooks, go to Banking, then Downloaded Transactions.
- Select Import File, then look for the .qbo file you downloaded.
Download transactions with Direct Connect
Direct Connect downloads transactions directly from your bank to QuickBooks. You don’t need to import your transactions as they’re made available in your register when you download.
- Go to Banking, then Downloaded Transactions.
- From the QuickBooks Account ▼ dropdown menu, select the account you wish to connect.
- Select Download.
Do more with online banking
Check out these articles related to QuickBooks online banking.