In QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, when you change your Online Banking password then try to connect, you get this error message:
Username or password is invalid.
This happens when Add password to Keychain is enabled during the initial Online Banking setup. QuickBooks attempts to use a previously saved password when it connects to Online Banking.
To resolve the issue, you need to delete the previously saved password and re-launch Online Banking.
To update your password for QuickBooks Online Banking
- On your desktop, double-click the Macintosh HD icon.
- Go to Application then select Utilities.
- Select Keychain Access.
- Search for your Online Banking password then select Delete.
- Close then reopen your company file.
- Go to Download transaction then select Download all.
- When you are given the option to enter your password, type your current password. QuickBooks will connect to your bank and download transactions.
To reset your Keychain Access password
- On your desktop, double-click the Mac HD icon.
- Select the Application folder then choose Utilities.
- Open Keychain Access then select Edit.
- Select Change Password for Keychain login.
- Enter your current Keychain password in the top box.
- Enter your new password in the 2nd box and 3rd box.
- Select OK.