Learn how to turn on online invoicing in QuickBooks Desktop so your customers can pay you online.
If you have QuickBooks Payments, you can let your customers pay by credit card or bank transfer. Here's how to set it up in QuickBooks Desktop 2017 or later.
Turn on payment options
For all customers
- Go to Edit and select Preferences.
- Select Payments and Company Preferences.
- In the Online payments section, select how you want your customers to pay you online. Then select OK.
- Select Apply to existing customers.
For one customer
- Go to Customers and select Customer Center.
- Select the customer.
- Select Edit.
- Select Payment Settings.
- In the Online payments section, select how you want this customer to pay you online. Then select OK.
On the invoice
- Create your Invoice.
- Select Turn on, Credit Card, Bank Transfer or both.
- Select Save.
Find out how to email an invoice to a customer.