Learn what to do if you have issues with instant deposits.
If you're eligible, you can sign up to get instant deposits for the customer payments you process in QuickBooks Online. This feature gets the money in your bank account in minutes, rather than days.
If you ever run into issues, don't worry. Here's what to do if an instant deposit is slow or unsuccessful, or you see unexpected charges.
What to do if you don't see the instant deposit feature
Only eligible QuickBooks Payments users can sign up for instant deposits. You'll see a message in QuickBooks Online if you become eligible.
Why you may see an unexpected charge for an instant deposit
Instant deposit fees are 1% of the total deposit amount. This fee is in addition to the standard fees for processing customer payments.
If you were charged a fee unexpectedly, it may be because of the following:
- The fee was the additional 1% fee (capped at $10) for bank transfer (ACH) payments. This fee applies to both instant and standard speed deposits.
- Another user who processes your customer payments may have requested an instant deposit.
- You scheduled eligible payments in your available balance to instantly deposit. Scheduled deposits run automatically.
If you don't want instant deposits to run automatically:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
- Select the Payments tab and go to the Deposit Speed section.
- Select Change next to Scheduled instant deposits.
- Uncheck the days to stop automatic instant deposits for those days. Then select Save schedule.
You now need to manually request instant deposits.
Tip: We waive the 1% fee if you use your QuickBooks Cash Debit Card for instant deposits.
What to do if your available balance is different than you expect
When you process customer payments, they may become part of the available balance for an instant deposit. You won't see anything in your available balance if:
- You haven't processed any customer payments for the day.
- The customer payments aren't eligible for instant deposits. Even if you schedule instant deposits, some transactions are still deposited at standard speed. Ineligible payments aren't included as part of your available balance.
- The processed customer payments are under review. Learn more about why we may hold funds.
- It's after 3 PM PT. After 3 PM PT, your available balance is batched and deposited at the standard speed. You'll need to wait until you process new customer payments to get an instant deposit.
|Note: Customer payments you receive between 2 and 3 PM PT can't be scheduled for instant deposits. We deposit them at the normal speed. If you need the money sooner, you need to manually request an instant deposit before 3 PM PT.|
How to void an instant deposit
Unfortunately, you can't void instant deposits once you request it. This includes specific customer payments that are part of an instant deposit.
Important: Instant Deposit is an additional service offered by QuickBooks Payments subject to eligibility criteria. QuickBooks Payments account must be active and in good standing to participate. Payments are sent to the bank account linked to an eligible debit card in minutes (up to 30 minutes). Deposit times may vary for third party delays. For more information,review your merchant agreement.