Learn how to close a QuickBooks Payment account for any QuickBooks product.
We're sorry to see you go. We want to make canceling your QuickBooks Payments subscription as simple as possible. Cancel your account from the Merchant Service Center.
Cancel your payments account
- Sign in to the Merchant Service Center as an admin user.
- Select the Account tab and then Account Profile.
- Select Close Account. If you don't see this option, make sure you're signed in as the account admin. If you still have problems, reach out to our support team.
- In the Reason for closing dropdown, select a reason and add any comments you'd like to share.
- When you're ready, select Submit.
Once we process your request, you'll get an email within one business day that confirms your QuickBooks Payments account is closed.
Get your financial info from QuickBooks Payments
You don't need to download everything before canceling cancel your account.
You can still sign into the Merchant Services Center for up to 12 months after you cancel. That means you have one full year to view and download your reports, statements, and tax forms.