Cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription
The steps for canceling QuickBooks Online depend on where you signed up for your subscription. If you signed up through a mobile app store, you’ll need to go to your app store to cancel.
Follow the steps based on where you bought your QuickBooks Online subscription.
Important: If you use QuickBooks Online Payments, you need to cancel your Payments account separately. Here's how to close your Payments account.
Cancel an account purchased online, directly from Intuit
- Open a web browser on your computer, not a mobile device.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin user.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and settings.
- Go to Billing & subscription.
Note: If you don't see the Billing & subscription tab, then you bought QuickBooks through a mobile app store. See the steps for your device below.
- In the QuickBooks section, select Cancel subscription or Cancel online. If you're canceling a trial, select Cancel trial.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
Cancel a suspended subscription
If your account is suspended, you need to resubscribe and reactivate it before you can cancel. We'll also automatically cancel your subscription after three failed attempts to charge your payment method.
Learn what happens to your data after you cancel
For paid and trial subscriptions, we hang on to your data for one year. This lets you pick up where you left off if you decide to come back. We delete the data after that.