- The user interface is optimized for 1024px by 768px-size screens in landscape mode.
- If the device will only be used to run the TSheets kiosk feature, a large number of GBs is not necessary.
- When selecting a device, consider whether it will have access to Wifi. If not, choose a device that also has cellular internet capabilities.
- The operating system requirements are:
- iPad: iOS 8.0+
- Android: OS 6.0+
- iPad provides the best user experience.
Here are some tablets that meet the above requirements:
- iPad Mini
- Android: Galaxy Tab A (SM-T350NZAAXAR)
- Note: It is important to purchase the correct model number for Android devices. Older or newer model numbers might not be compatible with the app.
We do not recommend the following tablets for the TSheets Time Clock Kiosk app:
- Samsung: SM-T377A (issue with photo capture, half the image will be green)
- Samsung Galaxy: SM-T113, version no. 4.4.4 (not compatible with the app)
- Be heavy-duty and durable
- Have a cable management system
- Have adjustable screen angles, especially if using facial recognition (if not adjustable, we recommend a 45-degree angle)
Mounts for both Android and iPad Tablets
- Kiosk height should accommodate both standing and wheelchair users, normally about three feet high on a flat, stable surface.
- The device and stand should be near an outlet and always plugged into power. Consider cord placement to prevent tripping and exposure to water.
After selecting your equipment:
Kiosk works on recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, including the mobile versions of these browsers on iOS and Android tablets.
- Chrome 45+
- Firefox 33+
- Microsoft Edge
After selecting a browser, set up Time Clock Kiosk on a computer.
Number of stations
It takes approximately 20 seconds to sign in, clock in, and sign out. Then add time for the next team members to step up to the station. If many team members arrive at work at the same time, to prevent delays, consider adding additional kiosk stations.